75% of the sensory neurons in our brains process visual information
We are all visual thinkers. In this new age of information abundance when everyone is flooding the web with text-based content, visual content can help you set apart.
When we think about social media, our list goes like this: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. If you are a social media fanatic, you might also include Instagram, Pinterest, and Quora in this list.
However, no one talks about SlideShare.
According to LinkedIn, SlideShare receives approximately 70 million unique monthly visits and 120 million page views every month.
This makes SlideShare the world’s largest professional content-sharing community and hence making your presence on it indispensable.
SlideShare can have a significant impact on your online visibility, credibility and business growth. It is something which you can’t afford to overlook.
Type of content
While it might seem that we can only share presentations on SlideShare, it has evolved much beyond than that. Apart from uploading presentations, you can also do the following on SlideShare:
– Add audio narration to slide decks
– Load “tall” documents like reports and infographics
– Upload HD video
– Run live streaming video presentations
– Embed a real-time feed of your company blog
In the age of content marketing, SlideShare has quietly evolved as the most content rich platform.
SlideShare best practices
Here are 4 best practices that you should follow to expand your reach and build credibility on SlideShare:
1. Include keywords: The description of the content you post on SlideShare can improve its searchability not only on SlideShare but also on Google. Hence, it is important to include keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and tags.
2. Simple and direct: You should keep your slides short and direct. This enables your readers to skim through your content quickly. You can aim for anywhere between 10–30 slides with no more than 24 words per slide.
3. Design: SlideShare gives you an opportunity to visually woo your audience. You should include images and other visuals in your presentations to ensure your readers engage with your content effectively.
4. Embed: SlideShare provides you the capability to embed your SlideShare content in all your other digital touch points i.e. in your blog, website, and social media accounts. This can enable you to build your authority with the same content across multiple platforms.
As we have already discussed, SlideShare is one of those platforms which offers interesting opportunities at a time when everyone is rushing to create content. There isn’t much competition but it won’t last long.
You can start with posting your company decks and communicating your story.
As you start getting comfortable with the platform, you can start answering the questions your customers have through incredible visuals.
This will help you to establish yourself as an industry thought leader thereby enabling you to drive more leads to your business.
How do you plan to use SlideShare? Please comment below